Thursday, April 13, 2017

As Lent Draws to a Close . . .

Lent will draw to a close in just a few hours.

This has not been a particularly easy Lent for me. My family has been dealing with some serious health issues and early this week saw the passing of my cousin, Richard.

You know, when you are the only "kid" who moved away from the family, moments of crisis are doubly hard. You feel not only the pain of those who are suffering so far away and the grief that comes with death, but the distance makes it even more difficult.

As we enter these three days, may I ask that you keep my family and me in your prayers? We need to draw closer to the paschal mystery this Triduum. And we need God's healing and mercy more than ever.

Happy Easter to you all.

Jerry

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: