Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Training, Last-Wording, and Being Fed and Challenged

Wednesday greetings.

The past few days have been busy ones here. One of my responsibilities here at J.S. Paluch/World Library Publications is to facilitate the corporate portion of the training of our J.S. Paluch Advertising Sales Executives. These are the wonderful people who sell advertising to businesses for parish bulletins. Parish bulletins are printed by the J.S. Paluch Company here in Franklin Park, Illinois and at our printing facilities in California and Florida. The revenue generated by these advertisements in parish bulletins pays for the printing and shipping of the parish bulletin, so the parish receives them from us free of charge. We had a great two days of training together.

I have been invited to be a very small part of a concert this coming Friday evening at my parish, Old Saint Patrick's here in Chicago. The renowned Haymarket String Quartet will be performing Haydn's Seven Last Words of Christ. As part of the performance, they have asked seven of us to give a less-than-two-minute reflection on these seven "words." I was assigned these: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" I am a little nervous; two of the others offering reflections are Dr. Martin Marty and Fr. Ed Foley. I have been reflecting for a little over a week and wrote down my initial thoughts this morning. I will share them with you next week.

On Sunday I attended the 9:30 Mass in the lower hall at Old Saint Patrick's. I took a couple of photos.




It was standing room only in the church and the hall was packed; I would guess that another 50-70 were standing downstairs. Something's going right at this parish, for sure. I felt fed and challenged; a good "Woman at the Well" weekend for me.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.




No comments: