Thursday, March 2, 2017

Los Angeles Religious Education Congress: Joyfully Serving and Inspiring . . .

Thursday greetings to all.

The Los Angeles Religious Education Congress was, once again, an amazing event. I had close to seven hundred people attend my two workshops. I was particularly happy with the workshop I presented on the conjunction of the principles in Sherry Waddell's Forming Intentional Disciples and the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. It was challenging for many of those who attended, chiefly because we talked about RCIA as a journey of conversion rather than solely a course in Catholic teaching. Send me an email if you would like a copy of the Powerpoint presentation (galipeauj@jspaluch.com).

Here's a photo taken about a half hour before that workshop.


It was so heartwarming to see so many people in our WLP exhibit booth. It was definitely a feeling of family as we fulfilled our mission to "joyfully serve and inspire the singing, praying, initiating Church!"


It was such a treat finally to meet Blessie La Scola, author of WLP's new book on Christian initiation for children, Children of the Light: Precatechumenate Sessions for Children and Families. Here's a photo of Blessie with WLP's own Tony Casper, who "discovered" Blessie at last year's Congress.



I enjoyed my annual meeting with the good folks from LEV, Libreria Editrice Vaticana. 





I am certainly glad that the last eight weeks have come to an end. I have been on the road every single week, experiencing the Church throughout the United States. It has been a whirlwind, but so worth it for me personally and, hopefully, for those who attended my presentations.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: