Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Building for the Future

It's Election Day. I voted early a few weeks ago.

I was very glad to hear one particular announcement at my parish, Old Saint Patrick's here in Chicago, this past weekend.

We were invited to stop by the church any time on Wednesday, post-election day, to spend time in prayer for peace, healing, and unity. Here's the link.

As for me, I will be traveling to El Paso, Texas early tomorrow morning.



I will be presenting an RCIA workshop to the lay ministers in the diocese tomorrow night, and a full morning on the RCIA for the clergy on Thursday. It's a great diocese; I have enjoyed speaking there in the past and am looking forward to my time there over the next few days.

My focus today, tomorrow, and Thursday will be on participating in whatever way I can in the further building of God's kingdom. And it was quite relieving to write that last sentence; helps put things into perspective.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: