Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Let the Benedictine Sisters in Namibia Sing! Many Thanks!

Tuesday greetings from the home office of World Library Publications and the J.S. Paluch Company.

In June, I posted this:

"Fr. Ed Foley, Capuchin, recently contacted me and the subject line of his email was 'begging.' I knew I was in trouble right off the bat!
He recently returned from three weeks of teaching in Namibia and had spent considerable time there with the Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing. He noticed that they were using hymnals (words-only) from the 1960's. He wondered if perhaps we at WLP and J.S. Paluch might be interested in donating 125 hymnals and some accompaniments to them so that they could have a better music resource in their hands. We decided to do so, but the shipping costs were just not possible for us to cover."

Here's a great photo of Sister Tammy Prado, OSB, the prioress of the community, with some of the children from the area.



So, in the ensuing days, Fr. Ed and I decided to launch a "GoFundMe" campaign and posted it on Facebook. The response was overwhelming and we raised more than enough to cover the costs of the shipment in less than a day. Because of this, we at WLP and J.S. Paluch were able to include other resources for the sisters, including art books and books for spiritual reading. We also included a few books that the sisters could use as gifts for those who assist them.

I had my fingers crossed for weeks as the shipment made its way across the world to Namibia, Africa. A few days ago I received an email from Sister Tammy letting me know that the shipment had arrived and was in great shape. Whew!

Then, just last week, Sister Tammy sent me some photographs, which I would like to share with you. This did our hearts good here at WLP and J.S. Paluch. The sisters are holding the hymnals and books, as well as signs thanking Fr. Ed, World Library Publications, and me.









I know that some of you donated to the fund; you can see what your donation meant to these sisters in Namibia. Know how grateful Fr. Ed Foley and I are for your generosity.

I am so privileged and proud to be working for a company like J.S. Paluch and World Library Publications, and to have a dedicated mentor and friend like Fr. Ed Foley.

Let the sisters of Namibia sing and pray!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: