Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Drenched Yesterday and Singing the Seasons in New York City Last Week

Tuesday greetings.

Never a dull moment around here. Yesterday, I went to O'Hare to pick up Steve Warner, director emeritus of the Notre Dame Folk Choir. Steve was returning from Ireland where he and his wife Michele will be moving in late September. We had planned a meeting and a farewell reception for Steve here, replete with scones and tea. Once in my office, the skies opened, lightning and thunder surrounded our building and the torrential rains were unrelenting. In the middle of it all, our building's fire alarm went off. There was nothing we could do but evacuate the building in the middle of the torrential downpour. I was the only VP on the premises, so I had to put my "take charge" hat on. Unfortunately, I didn't have a "take charge" umbrella with me as I tried to help folks evacuate the building. We never did find out what exactly triggered the alarm, but four firetrucks and an ambulance arrived. Keith Kalemba of our staff snapped this picture of a very soggy me. Not very flattering, but all in a day's work, I guess.


We were able to return to the building and celebrate Steve and Michele's farewell. We were all pretty drenched.

Back to last week. After the wonderful episcopal ordination in Boston, I traveled to New York City for WLP's Sing the Seasons! Choral Reading Session at Saint Francis of Assisi in Manhattan. Here are some photos I took. This is a simply beautiful church.



It was so heartwarming to hear WLP's fine choral music come alive in a such a beautiful setting.

By the way, just in case you want to have a virtual experience of our Sing the Seasons! music, just visit our Sing the Seasons! Web Site. You can see some photos and watch a short video of yours truly in action! Also, feel free to click on the link "Sing the Seasons! Music List," then on "2016." There you will find sample pages and sound clips of all the music we sang this year throughout the United States. Feel free to place an order, too!

I will share more of my experience in New York City tomorrow, including my visit to the newly refurbished Saint Patrick's Cathedral.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: