Friday, July 1, 2016

So much with an aching heart

What a week. Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends and colleagues.

This week saw the conclusion of the NCCHM meeting here in Chicago, tons of prep work for NPM Houston, which begins in ten days, facilitation of a two-day intense training for J.S. Paluch Advertising Sales Executives, a fond farewell to an employee who is moving on to other areas of ministry, the welcoming back of a colleague here who just had her shoulder replaced, practicing piano for the pieces I will be playing in our booth at the NPM convention, running a successful GoFundMe campaign to help some sisters in Namibia get WLP hymnals, approving employee time cards, finding umpteem receipts for the monthly American Express corporate billing statement, finding time to sweat my way through three spin classes, and the creation of my very first Chicken Parmesan dinner!

And all this while my heart was breaking for the people who were killed at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul. Nine months ago, I stood in the same location where these people lost their lives. I fell in love with the country and its people; I learned so much on that trip. My first world challenges are just nothing in comparison to the pain that so many of my brothers and sisters around the world feel each hour of each day.


How long, O Lord?

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: