Friday, March 4, 2016

"I watched the debate."

Friday greetings.

Last evening, I decided to watch the Republican presidential candidates' debate broadcast on FOX News.


I do not get into political wrangling on this blog, but I found myself simply observing that what I was watching and hearing, from at least three of the four candidates, was an unworthy display. I say unworthy because we are talking about men who would potentially sit down with other world leaders to hammer out agreements; we are talking about men to whom the children of this country would look for encouragement and inspiration. I found myself just so disappointed.

My only Facebook post last night was this: "I watched the debate." I could think of nothing else to say, until now of course.

And that will be my last political commentary for the election season.

I hope your weekend is a worthy one and that this Lenten Sunday fills you with God's grace.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: