Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bloom Where You're Planted

On yesterday's blog post, I wrote this:

"I guess I have become accustomed to expecting bad news. I wake up each morning, check the news, wondering what latest atrocity has been committed by my human brothers and sisters upon one another."

Little did I know that just a few hours later, horror would again unfold, this time in San Bernardino, California.

News spread around our office as people accessed news sites as the information slowly began to be shared by the media.

What should our reaction be? One person's response was straightforward, something like, "I really can't do anything to address these atrocities in a specific way. All I can do is look at the world in which I live and be kinder and bring peace and work harder to do both."

This reminded me of an old Carey Landry song: Bloom Where You're Planted



Anyone else remember singing this in your younger years?

In the face of the turning of hearts to evil ways, why not take the time right now to turn our hearts to more peaceful and kinder ways, where we are planted?

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

John Drake said...

We should certainly turn our hearts, as you suggest. And we should fervently pray for the conversion of Muslims to Christianity.