Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Brimming Gratitude

Tuesday greetings to all.

This year's celebration of Thanksgiving will be a special one for me. In a few hours, I will go to O'Hare to pick up my mom an dad, who will be spending the week here in Chicago. Tomorrow is their 61st wedding anniversary; so glad to have them here.

One of the traditions developed at the Thanksgiving table at my home over the years involves this contraption:


Obviously, it is a vase filled with very long stemmed champagne glasses. Before the meal begins, the glasses are filled with champagne and each person, in turn, tells everyone gathered what it is for which he or she is thankful. I am a sentimental guy when it comes to moments like this, so I always find myself getting a bit misty-eyed.

As I sit here thinking about what I will say on Thursday when I raise my glass, I am listening to the "chatter" outside my office. I am hearing our customer care folks helping people over the phone. An occasional laugh arises from one of our departments. And I am struck at how grateful I am to serve and lead my colleagues here at WLP. This is an amazingly talented group of dedicated people. Gratitude for them is brimming.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: