Wednesday, October 21, 2015

How Is Your Parish Extending Hospitality?

Wednesday greetings from the Midwest, where we are experiencing an unusually warm string of Autumn days.

I have been thinking more and more about my experience in Edmonton last week. And I wanted to put a question out there to all of you. It was one of the questions that my Canadian friends chewed on as they dove into the topic of hospitality and "creating an oasis of mercy" in their parishes.

Here's the question:

What practical things can your parish do (or that your parish does) so that parishioners and visitors alike experience real hospitality in every encounter with the parish.



I was astounded when one person from a parish told us that newcomers receive a flower delivery from a florist, at their homes, as part of the welcome they receive from the parish.

I have reached the conclusion that intentional hospitality takes:

1. Commitment
2. Time
3. Energy
4. Financial Commitment
5. Changed Hearts

What else does it take?

Please respond here or over on the Gotta Sing Gotta Pray Facebook page.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: