Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Potomac, Atlanta, Saint Petersburg, and New Orleans

Tuesday greetings from the sultry Midwest.

It has been a very busy couple of weeks for this weary traveler.

Two weeks ago today, I was in Potomac, Maryland, leading a WLP Sing the Seasons Choral Reading Session at the beautiful Our Lady of Mercy Parish. Some photos of the interior of the church.




It was a marvelous night for singing.

From Potomac, my travels brought me to the Archdiocese of Atlanta, where J.S. Paluch and WLP presented two seminars, one focused on building a better bulletin and another (which I led) on rebuilding the RCIA. The sessions were held in the beautiful pastoral center for the Archdiocese. pictured here. State of the art!



And from Atlanta, I made my way (through Chicago, interestingly enough) to the Diocese of Saint Petersburg, Florida, where I gave two keynote presentations for the Florida RCIA Convocation.


A highlight of the convocation was the Taize prayer we celebrated at a nearby parish, Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace. As part of the service, we all came forward and received votive candles, which we placed within several wrought iron screens in the beautiful sanctuary.



My journey then brought me to the Archdiocese of New Orleans to the beautiful new parish of Divine Mercy in Kenner, where I led my final WLP Sing the Seasons event. Here are a few photos of this magnificent church and the session itself.








Finally, a nice photo with Lorraine Hess, who is the music director at the parish, and Jamie Diliberto, who helped us on guitar for Lorraine's beautiful piece, Mercy.


Lots of different "tastes" of the Church throughout the United States. Was so glad to return home and attend Mass at Old Saint Patrick's on Sunday.

One week from tomorrow, I leave for a long-anticipated vacation, a vacation which will take me to Turkey. I plan to blog while there and share photos and stories from this country.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: