Thursday, August 20, 2015

Whirlwind Brings Me to Orlando

So hard to believe that a week has passed since my last blog entry. Following the catechetical conference in Massachusetts, I spent time with my family and we had our annual family New England Clambake. I can still smell that copper boiling pot's wonderful steamy aroma!

After a few days at the office, I find myself now in Orlando, Florida for the Orlando Liturgical Conference at which I am giving three workshops, one focused on collaboration in ministry, another on crafting prayer services,mane a final one on the connection between liturgy and life. Msgr. Kevin Irwin, Fr. Juan Sosa, and Tony Alonso are three of the keynote speakers.

There are over 700 registered for the three days, including many of the diocesan clergy, who are here this morning for Kevin Irwin's presentations.

While in Massachusetts, I attended Mass with my parents at Saint Andrew Church in Billerica. It was a Saturday anticipated Mass in an un-air conditioned small church on a sweltering day. Even with the heat and the incessant buzzing of lawn mowers outside, I was so happy to celebrate there. The music was done well. People sang all around me and the cantor was not overpowering at all. Just a simple and joyful celebration of Mass. So good to see my parents connected to this new Billerica collaborative of four parishes and being served so well.

I will do my best to post as these days unfold.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: