Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Readying for NPM in Michigan

Wednesday greetings from the unseasonably cool Midwest.

And a very Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends. All of my family roots are in French Canada, so I feel a special affinity with my friends to the north today.


To say that we are busy here at WLP would be an understatement. Next week is the annual convention of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians, taking place in beautiful Grand Rapids, Michigan. For the first time, WLP's booth in the exhibit hall will feature live music, highlighting the instrumental music we have published in the past few years.

We had our annual NPM WLP kick-off luncheon today and it featured Vernor's Ginger Ale, a Michigan favorite! We also had delicious cherries, also grown in Michigan.




I volunteered for three twenty-minute time slots and will be playing from three collections, pictured here:


I don't play regularly in a parish any more, so I have been practicing away. Noel and Offertoire are both by the composer Cesar Franck, arranged for C instrument and keyboard by Dr. William Torolano. Psalms without Words, Volume Two, was composed for piano by Edward Eicker. I am greatly looking forward to playing these in our booth next week.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: