Friday, July 24, 2015

Grateful for a Special "Thank You" to WLP

Friday greetings on another beautifully sunny and warm day here in Chicago.

My heart was lifted this morning when the participants at this year's Liturgical Music Institute on Long Island sent us at WLP a simple message of gratitude.


You can find it on Gotta Sing Gotta Pray's Facebook page. While there, please "like" the page.

This has been quite a week for me, spiritually. As I gear up for an RCIA presentation a week from tomorrow for the great folks in the Diocese of Lafayette, Indiana, I am praying that I will be able to help them not only find ways to move their RCIA processes away from a strict teaching model, but also to help them grasp onto the fact that what the Church is asking them to do is help people meet Jesus Christ. Frankly, my experience of this tells me that this is a very tall order; it is so much easier just to teach the tenets of the faith than it is to talk about what that faith means, what that relationship with Christ means in our day-to-day lives. Maybe I am discovering a renewed mission in my own life. But, in order to do that, I have to be more and more aware of and be able to articulate my relationship with Christ as well; also a very tall order!

I hope your weekend is a grand one.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.




No comments: