Friday, May 22, 2015

NCCL Conference and Exposition

Ah . . . an entire week has passed since I last posted. My apologies. Very busy week for me. It is a gloriously beautiful Spring day here in Chicago.

I spent most of the week in Buffalo, New York, at the 79th Annual Conference and Exposition of the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership. On Tuesday, Br. Mickey McGrath and I gave the keynote presentation; Mickey's focus was on discovering the Good News through art. I focused on discovering the Good News in the liturgy. It seemed the presentations were well received. Here is a photo taken before the presentations.


And another taken after we were finished.


It was a wonderful few days spent with a great group of catechetical leaders from around the country. I remember well those days, a few decades ago, when liturgists and catechists were like oil and water. So refreshing now to see such a wedding of these two ministries in the Church; this week was a real boost for me.

Those in attendance appreciated the helpful resources we offered in our WLP booth in the exhibit hall, especially Mickey's artbooks and the RCIA resources from WLP's Fountain of Life series. You can find lots of information about this series on our web site.


I hope that your Memorial Day weekend is a good one. I am spending time with family tomorrow at a memorial celebration for a wonderful relative who passed away here in Chicago a few months ago. I am looking forward to this special memorial.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: