Thursday, May 14, 2015

Matthias and the Blackhawks Beard

Thursday greetings on this Feast of Saint Matthias. So grateful for my parents today, who brought me into this world 57 years ago today.

Saint Matthias is always pictured with a beard:


As many of you know, I am a somewhat enthusiastic Chicago Blackhawks hockey fan. One of the signs of support that we show when our team is in the playoffs for the Stanley Cup is to grow a beard, as do the players. So, this year, just to have some fun, I decided to join the throngs who have done so.

Lots of folks have looked at me recently, telling me that I look like "the most interesting man in the world!"



At any rate, so thankful today for the gift of life and the many people who bring me joy every single day.

See any resemblance? Matthias? Most interesting man in the world? Santa Claus, maybe?


Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. JERRY!!

Rosie Rundell said...

You DO!!! and you are funny!!
Happy Birthday!