Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's Old Saint Pat's

Wednesday greetings from Chicago.

I am preparing for a trip to Los Angeles over the next few days; we have meetings there with some staff members of the Archdiocese.

After nearly two years of searching for a new parish, I have decided to register at Old Saint Patrick's Parish here in Chicago. It is actually the parish in which I live and it is within walking distance of my home.



My reasons? Two very simple ones: excellent preaching and excellent music. At every Mass I have attended there, the church has been filled. While the parish does draw people from the immediate neighborhood, it is definitely more of an intentional Catholic community. I have been told that there are over 100 zip codes represented in the parish registry.

When I got home from Mass on Sunday, I filled in a preliminary registration form on the parish's web site, but have yet to hear back from anyone; hopefully someone will be in touch soon, so that I can make the registration official and start receiving envelopes!

I will always remember the people at my former parish, Saint James, for their warmth and hospitality. I don't believe I will ever find a more welcoming and warmer parish than Saint James. After much soul-searching, I just knew that it was time for me to move on. I read their parish bulletin on line every weekend. I pray for a future for Saint James that is filled with hope.

Recently, our local PBS station aired a documentary about Old Saint Pat's It's worth watching; a true Catholic parish success story.

I know that many of you have been praying for this lots and searching soul and for that I am grateful.

Please pray for the safety of all travelers.

Gotta sing, Gotta pray.


No comments: