Thursday, May 7, 2015

Enlightened by Faith

Thursday greetings from Chicago, where the weather forecasters tell us our temperature today will reach 85!

I wanted to share one of my favorite little books that we publish here at WLP. Part of our "Fountain of Life" series, which focuses on the RCIA, Enlightened by Faith: Prayers for the RCIA Journey, by Anita Ahuja, is a beautiful and simple prayer book for catechumens and candidates. It is also available as an e-book.


Many parishes keep multiple copies on hand (there is quantity pricing) for those on the initiation journey. Here's a sample of one of the prayers for the period of the catechumenate:

The Call
Gracious Lord,
thank you for seeing the beauty of my soul
and accepting me as I am.
I am humbled by your faith in me
and grateful for your embrace.
I seek to know the truth.
Fill my heart with knowledge
and my mind with conviction.
Show me the way to the light
and open my eyes to your signs.
Open my ears that I may hear your call
and my hands to receive
the gracious gifts you offer.
Allow me to hear your call as clearly as did Samuel
and follow you in faith.
To our ever-faithful God, I pray.

Amen.

Thanks for listening to my little WLP commercial today. This really is a great resource that will help your catechumens and candidates.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: