Friday, March 20, 2015

More from L.A. Congress

Friday greetings to all.

And Happy Spring!



Lots of work filling my plate as I settle back into my world here at WLP and at home here in Chicago.

A special thanks to Dan Houze, friend and colleague from Los Angeles, for forwarding me links to some of the moments at the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, held last week in Anaheim.

Following the opening event, I was surprised to find myself in front of the camera for a quick "first reaction" to the event. Here is the link to the opening event itself and Sister Edith Prendergast's final opening speech. She retires soon.


And here is the short interview of the "first reaction." Others are part of this video, including David Haas, Cardinal Roger Mahony, John Angotti, Karla Carrillo, James Flaherty, and Harrison Crenshaw.


And here is a full-length video of the Mass that was called the "Australian Mass."


I hope you enjoy these snippets.

None of these can adequately capture the sense of universality and multi-culturalism that fills the large space, which holds nearly nine thousand Catholics. But I hope you get some flavor of the event.

I hope your weekend is a good one.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: