Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Hello Lord, Remember Me?"

Wow, this cold I have is certainly hanging around; some folks I know have had this stuff for two to three weeks. Keep washing your hands, folks!

I am starting to think that this particular Lenten Season has kind of passed me by. After the first Sunday, at which I attended and spoke at four Masses for a parish mission, I have either been traveling and unable to attend Mass or, like this past Sunday, too sick to go. I have been at Masses, like at the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, but I end up having to go to a Liturgy of the Word in one large location, then walk to the Liturgy of the Eucharist in another venue, because our sponsored musicians are leading the music and we want to support their ministry.

So this has been a scattered Lent for me. Last night, while turning to the Lord in prayer during what was a very restless and sleepless night for me, I sort of said, "Hello Lord, remember me?" before I started praying in earnest. Ever feel that way?


I am hoping that the coming week gives me the opportunity to get a concentrated dose of solid time spent at the Church's liturgies in the Church's most beautiful week.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I feel that way every time I have Chemo, but then I remember something my mother used to say ...God isn't going to let anything happen to you today that that you and He cannot handle together. She was right.