Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Co-Workers in the Vineyard of Tucson

Tuesday greetings. It has been a week since I have posted. I spent four days last week in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, speaking at their Co-Workers in the Vineyard Catholic Conference. I had not been there in many years and had forgotten how beautiful that area of our country truly is.

I had a chance to spend some time in their renovated Cathedral of Saint Augustine and, of course, took some photos. Here is a photo of the exterior:


Daily Mass was occurring while I was there:


Here is photo of the baptismal area and the font:


I found the gathering area/foyer to be most fascinating. Here is the carved wood relief above the main door of the cathedral:


How appropriate are the words in the center:


And the artwork along the inside walls is pretty remarkable. With the "Be doers of the word" quote, and these images, on either side of the cathedral's main exit door, one cannot help but sense that what happens inside this cathedral is meant to be taken outside, to make a difference.





The conference itself was wonderful; I enjoyed meeting the great people of the diocese of Tucson and the other dioceses represented.

Tomorrow I am off to Anaheim for the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress. Seems like I am spending quite a bit of time in taxis, on trains, and aboard jets these days!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: