Monday, February 2, 2015

Softened Heart

Monday greetings. As you may know, Chicago was buried in a blizzard that began Saturday evening and ended in the wee hours of this morning. We are a skeleton staff here today. Here's the view of the Christmas tree (still) on my balcony at home; this was taken when only about one half of the 20 inches had fallen.


This morning, the tree was not recognizable as a tree!

The commute was not good this morning; I think I am getting too old for this much snow. I heard a rumor that many plow drivers refused to go to work last night until the end of the football game; not sure if there is any truth to this, but this morning's roads look as if someone was asleep at the wheel, or asleep in front of the TV!

I have been a bit of a complainer all morning. I read this on a friend's Facebook post: "So grateful this morning for warm shelter, hot coffee, available food, good friends near and far; remembering those in need or danger due to the weather." Started to soften my heart.

Then, after I got to the office, I left my soaking wet shoes outside of my office. After a morning meeting, I looked at them and behold! Some folks here started putting candy in them. Gotta love this place.


Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: