Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Monday and Now Wednesday: Winter Storm Warning for Amarillo

Monday greetings on this Martin Luther King Day.

I was not scheduled to be at the Southwest Liturgical Conference Study Week this year. But we have had a personnel shift so I am stepping and going to Amarillo, Texas tomorrow through Sunday.

I have been attending Mass at Saint Clement Parish here in Chicago since returning to Chicago after the Christmas holiday. Saint Clement is ain the middle of a thriving neighborhood in the city and has a very small parking lot. Yesterday, upon arrival, I discovered that the parking lot was full, so I had to drive around several blocks to find on-street parking. I really do not like being late for anything, but yesterday I found myself entering the church building as the assembly was saying "amen" to the collect. There were no seats in the main body of the seating area, so I sat along the side wall, where there is a row of two seats inside a kind of ambulatory. At any rate, I had to take a photo to show you my "obstructed view" seat at Mass yesterday.

.....................

Well, folks, it is now Wednesday morning. I have been having some technical problems, either with a computer virus, or with the blogger program, so not able to download photos.

And I am in Amarillo for the SWLC. Woke up this morning to a winter storm warning from the National Weather Service. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected beginning this afternoon (right at the same time the conference is scheduled to begin) through tomorrow evening. I didn't even bring gloves! Last year at this conference, which was held in Beaumont, TX, we had a freak ice storm; ice covered the palm trees there, and everything else. No snow scrapers in the rental cars here. Should be an interesting few days.

I will keep you updated about the goings on here at the longest running liturgical conference in the United States.

Please pray for the safety of travelers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.





No comments: