Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Long Ride, FDLC, and the Catechumenate

Wednesday greetings from Chicago.

My apologies for not having posted recently; so much going on here!

I was one of the unfortunate ones who needed to fly into Chicago this past Friday. My plane from Memphis was actually speeding down the runway there at 5:50 A.M. when it suddenly slowed down and returned to the gate. When it became apparent that there was no way I could fly into Chicago for many, many hours (which actually turned into days), I decided to rent a car. So I drove the nine hours back home. I can tell you at least one thing. Illinois grows lots of corn and soy beans!


I am preparing to leave shortly for the annual meeting of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions, which is being held here in the Chicago area. This year's conference is a consulation on the development of new national statutes for the RCIA here in the United States. I am greatly looking forward to this meeting and to sharing with you the findings of a recent CARA study on the implementation of the RCIA here in the United States.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Kevin Keil said...

Next year in Dallas!