Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Italian Holiday

Wednesday greetings from here at the "home office" in Franklin Park, Illinois.

This is my last day in the office for awhile.

My parents, Henri and Yvette (are we French or what?) are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next month. Many months ago, I wondered about an appropriate 60th anniversary gift for them.

Most of you know that Northern Italy is a place I have visited in the past. The aim of most of those visits has been to find, explore, and study baptisteries and baptism fonts. Well, I wondered if it might be a good anniverary gift to offer to plan a trip to Italy and kind of be my parents' private tour guide. I came up with the idea and posed it to them and they became quite excited.

After months of planning, the day has finally arrived. I am meeting my parents in Newark tomorrow morning and then we are off to Milan. Once there, we will take a train to Venice, where we will spend three days.



Then it will be three days in Florence, with a side trip to Pisa.






My Dad has expressed an interest in seeing a winery, so we will spend two days in Orvieto.

 


Finally, we will be in Rome for five days. We will be in Rome over the weekend of November 1 and 2.



Unlike previous trips, I have decided not to blog during this one. Frankly, with all the travel I have done in the past year, I am, in a word, tired. I need this vacation. Normally, as a "type A" kind of guy, I spend my time in far away places running around, never really staying put in one place for more than one or two nights at the most. Well, these next two weeks will hopefully be a real relaxing time for me. The itinerary I have put together for my parents says things like "Day Two in Venice: Relax and Sightsee." Unusual for me, but I am so looking forward to it.

May I ask that you say a prayer for us, for our safety, and for good health during the trip? Thank you.

Arrivederci!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

4 comments:

Kathleen Basi said...

You have been crazy busy with traveling. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful, safe and blessed trip. What an exciting gift to give your parents on their 60th anniversary! God bless all of you!
Raynette

Robyn Dolan said...

What a wonderful gift! Hope you'll post about your great time with your parents when you get back.

Robyn Dolan www.catholictraveller.com

Maureen Grisanti Larison said...

Buon Viaggio! Enjoy every blessed moment of this trip. Praying that you all have a grand time.