Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Interesting Times

Tuesday greetings from Southern California. I will be leading a WLP Sing the Seasons choral reading session tonight at Loyola Marymount University.

It has been fascinating reading all the reports about Bishop Cupich. I received words of congratulations from priests, deacons, and lay people from all over the world, all pointing to signs of hope for us Chicago Catholics. The last few times I have heard Cardinal George speak I noticed how defeated he seemed in his demeanor. His struggles with cancer have seemed to taken a toll on him. Reading his latest columns, I have found little "joy of the Gospel" and very little hope. Frankly, it has dragged my own spirits down. I pray for him daily, for the healing of his body as well as a lifting of his own spirit.

These will continue to be interesting times for the Church of Chicago and for he Church in general.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: