Thursday, July 24, 2014

New WLP Project on the Eucharist

Thursday morning greetings from Chicago, where it is dry and cool and breeze and sunny. My view this morning as I waited for the train:


And last night, around 6:00 P.M., the temperature downtown had dropped into the 60's. I couldn't resist sharing a little video with you. These are my flower boxes on the balcony of my home; my oasis really:


It feels kind of strange this week here at WLP. This is my first full week at the office (and at home) in fourteen weeks. And it actually feels wonderful. I miss my colleagues here when I am on the road. Of course, living in the digital world allows us to be in constant contact, but there is nothing like real life and real time collaboration and communication.

Yesterday afternoon, I made my way to Catholic Theological Union, my alma mater, here in Chicago. WLP is working on a project there with Fr. Ed Foley, Capuchin, who is Duns Scotus Professor of Spirituality and Professor of Liturgy and Music at CTU.

 
It is a ten-session DVD (which will also be available in audio CD format) entitled Encountering the Mystery: An Overview of Eucharistic Theology. I was present for the videotaping of the tenth session on the sacrificial dimension of the Eucharist. I was captivated by Ed's thirty-minute presentation. This resource is going to be so helpful for so many, from students of sacramental theology to parish adult faith formation groups to those wanting to plumb the depths of Eucharistic theology, including those who minister in Christian initiation. It will take several months of editing to complete the project; look for it on WLP's web site soon.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.





1 comment:

Fr. Larry L├ęger said...

This looks very exciting Jerry. This kind if a series - with 30 minute video clips - would allow enough time for a group to gather, pray, watch, discuss, and conclude in a simple prayer.