Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The United States - Universal

Wednesday greetings from Lafayette, Louisiana. Arrived here an hour ago after a long day of travel. Spent Monday and Tuesday in Los Angeles at meetings with the Archdiocese. One of those weeks. Tomorrow, I will be presenting an RCIA workshop here in Lafayette, then we drive to New Orleans for the same workshop on Friday, then it's home to Chicago and an early rise on Saturday to set up for the Printer's Row Lit Fest. You know, sometimes I wake up trying to figure out where I am!

The more I travel here in the United States, the more diverse I realize our Church is. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles is a place of immense diversity; I think someone told me once that Mass is celebrated there in over 50 languages. Today, when I landed here in Lafayette, the announcements over the P.A. system at the airport were done first in English, then repeated in French. A country marked by diversity of culture; and a Church working hard to serve the needs of all.

Feeling quite catholic - quite universal - today.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: