Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The "Francis Effect" and the RCIA

Tuesday greetings from soggy Chicagoland.

At the Printer's Row Lit Fest here in Chicago over the weekend, I had an interesting encounter. A couple I think were in their seventies approached our tent, which was clearly marked:


The woman came over to me and said, "I am not a Roman Catholic, but I want you to know how much I love your pope. As a matter of fact, I get up every Sunday morning and turn on the television to EWTN to listen to what I think you people call the pope's 'homily.' I find it very inspiring."



And just this past Thursday, the RCIA leaders from a large parish in the Diocese of Lafayette, Louisiana told me that they have three people in the inquiry phase of the RCIA who are seeking to be become Catholic solely because of Pope Francis.

Are you hearing  or experiencing anything similar?

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: