Monday, June 23, 2014

Massachusetts, Florida, and Off to Long Island

Monday morning greetings from a stormy Midwest

What a few days this has been for this blogger. I was able to visit family in Massachusetts for an overnight late last week. I drove my parents up to Cape Ann (Gloucester, Rockport, Anisquam, and Lanesville). It was a picture-perfect day! This was the view from one of my favorite places to eat in the United States; the Lobster Pool in Lanesville:


Late Friday I flew to Orlando to provide the music for the wedding of a long-time friend on Saturday. The wedding took place at Saint Mary Magdalen Church in Altamonte Springs. My first ministerial position as director of liturgy and music was at Saint Mary Magdalen, some thirty years ago. Here is a photo of the church's interior:


And here is the baptism font that was built during a renovation of the church a few years ago:


While at the wedding reception, I was seated next to a former colleague of mine from the parish, who shared this photo with me. Looks like I must have been selling ice cream on the side in 1985!


While away, I finished the final edits on Mary Birmingham's new book, Purified and Enlightened: RCIA Sessions for Lent. It should be in the house in about three weeks. This is a must-have for RCIA ministers. It includes a CD-ROM with handouts and PowerPoint presentations.

http://www.wlp.jspaluch.com/14485.htm


Here for a few days, then off to Immaculate Conception Seminary in Huntington, NY, on Long Island, for an RCIA seminar on Thursday. Back here to Chicago on Thursday night, then back to the seminary again on Sunday to present the spirituality seminars for the Liturgical Music Institute. Looking forward to these two trips to Long Island!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: