Friday, June 27, 2014

In Between New Yorks

Friday greetings from the sunny and warm Midwest.

I arrived home last night after a day and a half at the Seminary of the Immaculate Conception in Huntington, Long Island, New York, where our company was presenting two seminars; mine was on rebuilding the parish's RCIA.

I am returning to the exact same location on Sunday morning to lead the spirituality sessions and a few workshops at the Institute for Liturgical Music at the seminary. I will be sure to send photos of the beautiful location.

Here is a photo of the main chapel, which I snapped yesterday:


It was an interesting group of folks who gathered for the RCIA session. Many were in the very first years of ministering in the RCIA; and a few others had more than thirty years of experience.

One of the workshops I am preparing for NPM in a couple of weeks is "RCIA Forty Years Later: An Assessment of Where We Are." I am garnering lots of information from these various seminars to present at my workshop. I am also doing a workshop on music for Holy Week, as well as the opening keynote presentation. I hope to put the finishing touches on the keynote during some quiet time at the seminary next week.

I hope your weekend is a good one.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: