Thursday, May 8, 2014

Texas-bound

Thursday greetings from the "home office" here in Franklin Park, IL.

Tomorrow I leave to do some RCIA work in the Diocese of Dallas, Texas.


 

Tomorrow afternoon I will be speaking to a gathering of priests from all over the world who are currently ministering in parishes in the Dallas diocese. I have been asked to talk about the fundamental principles of the RCIA and the importance of celebrating the various rites from the RCIA.

Then on Saturday, I will be leading an RCIA training day for those in diaconate formation in the diocese. That will be a full day; I plan to present six sessions: 1. Vision and Overview of the RCIA; 2. The Apprenticeship Model of Formation in the RCIA; 3. Celebrating the Major and Minor Rites - the Deacon's Role; 4. Finding and Forming a Catechumenate Team; 5. Conversion and Discernment; 6. The Initiating Parish.

Whew! I am getting weary just looking at the topics. I am greatly looking forward to the time with both the priests and those in formation for the permanent diaconate. More from Dallas in the next few days.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: