Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Filled with Joy and Gratitude

Tuesday greetings from the warm and muggy Midwest. I hope that you enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.

Sunday marked the 56th anniversary of my baptism, which took place at this font at Saint Anthony's Church in New Bedford, Massachusetts:


I went to Mass on Sunday at Saint Peter's in the Loop and renewed my own baptism at this font:


The words of the opening hymn filled me with a palpable joy:

"I come with joy, a child of God,
Forgiven, loved, and free,
The life of Jesus to recall,
In love laid down for me."

The homily focused on the presence of the Lord within our hearts. After Mass, I went up to the celebrant and thanked him for his homily, telling him it was my baptism day. I told him that I appreciated his words and that I was celebrating that day when the Lord entered my heart. He placed his hand on over my heart and said, "He will always be there; sometimes you will be led away from him, but he will always be in your heart; right there."

I then decided that Sunday needed to be a "water" day, so I bought a ten dollar Chicago Water Taxi pass and spent a few hours cruising up and down the Chicago River, where I took this short video:

 
 
What a wonderful weekend of remembrance and thanksgiving for me. So grateful to my parents for having had me baptized; the day that everything changed!
 
Gotta sing. Gotta pray.



No comments: