Monday, April 14, 2014

Back Home from Where It All Began

Monday greetings to all on this day filled with fours!

I had a wonderful week away, spending time on the shores of Cape Cod and with family members in Massachusetts.

While there, I had the chance to visit the church where I was baptized, Saint Anthony of Padua in New Bedford, Massachusetts.

When I was baptized, the font was located in the sacristy. A few years ago it was restored and brought into the church and placed at the side altar of Saint Ann.



Here is a photo I took with the lid swung into the open position.


And here I am. This was a special moment for me. I had visited the place in 1985 and had not been back since. May 25, 1958 . . . the day that everything changed at this font.


Lots to catch up on here at the office. I will have more to share over the next several days.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

John Drake said...

How fortunate you are to be able to visit the place of your baptism. Mine has been closed for thirty years.

Denise Morency Gannon said...

I was baptized at that same font.