Monday, March 24, 2014

Parish Mission on Chicago's Northwest Side

Monday greetings to all during this Third Week of Lent.

Beginning tonight, I will be leading a mission for four parishes on the Northwest Side of Chicago: Saint Pascal, Saint Robert Bellarmine, Our Lady of Victory, and Saint Bartholomew. Yesterday, I decided to attend Mass at Saint Pascal parish, where the mission sessions are being held. Of course, when I woke up, this is what greeted me outside my front door:


More snow is predicted for tonight and tomorrow here in Chicago. We are all just grinning and bearing it here in the Midwest!

Saint Pascal's is a beautiful, one hundred year-old church on Irving Park Road here in the city of Chicago:


They had a nice sign in the foyer announcing the mission:


I love talking with Catholics about the three sacraments of initiation and what baptism, confirmation, and Eucharist mean in our day-to-day lives. This will be the focus over the next three days.

Please say a prayer for those attending the mission, that this will be a time of renewal and re-discovery for them and for me.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: