Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Leaving a New Winter Storm Behind!

Tuesday greetings from the Midwest.

Well, we have had a one-day thaw here. I was expecting to leave Chicago tomorrow morning for the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress. However, mother nature seems to have other plans, as a winter storm warning has been issued beginning late tonight into tomorrow. So, I will be leaving this evening for Orange County instead. "The winter of our disconent" indeed!



On Sunday, I celebrated Mass for the First Sunday of Lent in a local parish here in Chicago. About a third of the way through Mass, a family arrived (probably because of the time change overnight) and sat behind me. What happened next was something I have never experienced in the pews. The woman in the family sat directly behind me. At the end of most of her responses at Mass, she launched into a whispered conversation with the Lord. As a matter of fact, at the preface dialogue, she ended with "It is right to give him thanks and praise, Father . . . and I praise you and I adore you and lift up my soul to you . . ." These conversations went on throughout much of the Mass. It was as if she were at a private event. Her responses to the prayers were so hurried that she finished lines of the Lord's Prayer, for instance, a few seconds before the others in the assembly did. It was quite distracting, to say the least. Just simpy odd. Have you ever experienced anything like that?

Please say a prayer for safety of all travelers. We have many WLP team members here and around the country, as well as artists from the U.S. and some traveling from abroad (Australia), all headed to Anaheim in the next few days for the Congress. Please keep us in your prayers.

Hopefully, my next post will be from warm southern California!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: