Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Little Things

Late Tuesday greetings from Chicago, where the snow has begun to fall.

As winter wears on, it can become increasingly more difficult to see the beauty in all of this, but God had a little surprise for me yesterday.

When I arrived at the transit station to catch the subway train to my neighborhood, I rushed up the stairs to the platform and just as I arrived, the train pulled away. Grrrr! And it was very cold. After uttering a silent curse, I happened to look up at the edge of the overhang that protects the commuters from the rain and snow. Here you go:


The icicles, seemingly so neatly arranged, with the setting sun as a backdrop really took my breath away. So my mumbled curse turned into a short prayer of gratitude for the little things.

I hope you find and appreciate the little things in your own day.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: