Friday, February 14, 2014

Conversion to Christ

Saint Valentine's Day greetings to you all.

I am not sure if you happened to see the Cadillac commercial that is currently being aired during the Olympics.

When I am on the road, speaking with people about the RCIA, I often talk about the ways that our society and the media shape the way we think and how inquirers have been shaped by that message. I think this video portrays an all too pervasive attitude in our country, which I find profoundly sad. Is conversion to Christ needed? You be the judge.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Jeff Rice said...

Ironically, the actor, Neal McDonough is by all accounts a devout Catholic, and has been fired from a TV show for refusing to do scenes that he considered inappropriate. He might be interested in your reception of the ad.