Monday, January 27, 2014

Home at Last: Snowdogs and Snowdrifts!

Monday greetings from the frigid Midwest. Arrived home safely from my Louisiana/Texas sojourn yesterday afternoon. I moved to Chicago from Orlando, Florida in 1992 and this is the most severe winter since then.

Here is a photo of the snow drift outside my office window this morning:




And this is what greeted us from our parking lot; a kind of rainbow (I guess they are called "sundogs")  on each side of the early morning sun; just beautiful, even in 0 degree weather!



Then, of course, is the entrance to our building:



And when I walked into my office, there was no heat; no heat in our entire section of the building. Should be an interesting day. Here is a view of the snow drift from the inside of my office:


All news here is weather news these days. I am so glad to be home, at least for a few days. Tomorrow I leave for Fort Worth, Texas, to attend the ordination/installation of their new bishop, Michael Olson, which takes place on Wednesday afternoon.

I hope that, wherever you are, you are safe and warm.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.



No comments: