Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pope Francis and Catechumens

Monday greetings from Chicago.

Today I read about the events at the Holy See that will officially mark the closing of the year of Faith. One of those events will be a gathering of catechumens from around the world. Vatican News Service reports:

"The second event will take place on Saturday 23 November, which will be dedicated to catechumens, with the theme “Ready to cross the theshold of faith”. More than five hundred catechumens will be present, accompanied by their catechists, from 47 different countries from all five continents. The Pope will receive 35 of them at the entrance of St. Peter's Basilica and will ask them the traditional questions that form the rite."

I am assuming that this will be a celebration of the Rite of Acceptance into the Order of catechumens. I would give my proverbial eye teeth to be there to see how this rite unfolds.

Today is now Tuesday; yesterday ran away from me after I began this post. I leave tomorrow for northern California for the Northern California Faith Formation Conference, to be held in Santa Clara. I am giving two workshops and two "TED" style presentations of some of WLP's resources. Gotta get to that work now. I will post from California as the days unfold.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: