Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Your Busy Blogger

Hard to believe that it has been a week since I posted. My apologies.

I left Erie and the FDLC meeting quite invigorated; it's always a good thing for me to connect with those responsible for liturgical and musical leadership in dioceses across the country.

The days before Erie I spent in Lafayette, Louisiana, a city I had never visited. What warm and generous people these Louisianians are! I presented a day-long workshop there focused on the RCIA. There were over seventy people in attendance and they were quite engaged in the workshop.


At the FDLC meeting, I was privileged, as I mentioned in a previous post, to hear a keynote presentation by Archbishop Piero Marini, who is the prefect for Eucharistic Congresses for the Vatican. He was kind enough to pose for this photo.





We all attended Mass at Erie's beautiful Saint Peter's Cathedral. Here's a shot of the font, which is at the entrance, as well as a shot of the sanctuary.





When I returned home to Chicago, I did a 25-mile bike ride on Saturday morning and I visited the site where my former parish church, Saint James, once stood. Sad photo here:




While I no longer attend Saint James, the people there hold a place in my heart.

Well, folks, that's a quick update from your busy blogger. I head to the Diocese of Joliet here in Illinois on Saturday to give a workshop on conversion and discernment in the RCIA.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: