Friday, June 14, 2013

I Hear Music in the Air

Friday afternoon greetings from a warm and sunny Chicago area! Where has this week gone? Well, I have an answer for you.

On Tuesday, I flew to Los Angeles for a meeting to be held on Wednesday. On my way to the airport in Los Angeles for the return trip to Chicago, was alerted to the fact that the flight was cancelled (weather in Chicago). It was postponed to yesterday morning at 6:00 A.M. Ah, the travails of Spring travel!

A nice surprise was just handed to me here at the office. The long-awaited book by Thomas W. Jefferson has arrived. I Hear Music in the Air: Gospel-Style Piano Technique, just landed on my desk.


I have been sneaking into our music room for months, playing examples from this book as it moved through the editorial and production process. Pianists and organists, this is a must for you. I am not a natural at playing in a Gospel style, but Thomas's teaching techniques that unfold in this book have helped me tremendously. I can promise you will have loads of fun moving through the book and playing the examples. Most of them are presented in a "straight" format initially, then are presented with Thomas' own arrangement, employing the techniques covered in the particular section.

Just had to snap a photo when the book arrived; can you tell I am excited?



Happy Father's Day to my own Dad and to all the Fathers out there! Enjoy your weekend, and get this book!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: