Monday, June 24, 2013

Grieving the Loss of the North American Forum on the Catechumenate

Monday greetings from the hot and steamy Midwest.

Tomorrow, I will be presenting the final webinar sponsored by the North American Forum on the Catechumenate, which will cease operations at the end of the month. I am deeply, deeply saddened by the end of Forum and I hope I will at least be able to get through tomorrow's webinar.

I have been doing some housecleaning here in the office and came across my Forum books containing music for the institutes at which I served as musician and liturgist for over twenty-five years. Just feeling sad about it all.


Gotta sing. Gotta Pray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you have offered Jerry... to Forum, to so many participants, the initiation process,full symbol, superb music, ritual prayer that has brought forth life throughout the world, and the supportive company your expression here provides to all who share your loss. It is very sad indeed...

Denise Anderson said...

I did not mean for this previous post to be anonymous... Thank you Jerry, thank you Forum~ God has used all of you to bring forth such life~ May God find a way beyond these limits and change...

Mary Kane Mauer said...

We all grieve with those whose presentations at the NAFC inspired us over the years. I must have participated in a dozen since 1986 and each event was an opportunity to dream and grow. Thank you, Jerry, for your contributions, especially "Apprenticed to Christ".