Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chicago Blackhawks Lift My Spirits!

Life is certainly full of ups and downs, isn't it?

In the middle of my sadness over the impending closing of the North American Forum on the Catechumenate, last night for the city of Chicago, something wonderful happened.

Many of you know that I am somewhat of an avid Chicago Blackhawks hockey fan. And most of you know that I am originally from Boston. So, this Chicago-Bruins Stanley Cup Final has been just amazing for me. Just when it looked like we would be headed to the seventh and final game, one of the most amazing comebacks in hockey history occurred. Down 2-1, with less than 90 seconds remaining in the game, the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals, fourteen seconds apart, and won the game and the Stanley Cup.

A self portrait before the game:



Just seconds after the win, I went into the streets of my neighborhood, onto Madison Street, a few blocks from the United Center. It was wonderful watching the fans celebrate in the streets. Even the neighborhood pets were into the Blackhawks.




And finally, yours truly, with a big grin for my home team.



Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Congrats.....Wait 'til next year....Boston Strong!