Monday, June 3, 2013

Blessed Pope John XXIII, Pray for Us

Monday greetings from the Midwest, where it is cool and sunny.

Today, as most of you know, is the fiftieth anniversary of the death of Bl. Pope John XXIII.


His pontificate was succinctly described by Rocco Palmo over at Whispers in today's post: "one that irrevocably changed the face and life of the Catholic world."

I have often looked to Pope John XXIII for inspiration and for intercession. I have a small icon of him right next to my computer screen here at the office:




One of my favorite quotes from him is this:
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.
Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential.
Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in,
but with what it is still possible for you to do.

Blessed Pope John XXIII, pray for us.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.





1 comment:

Deanna Johnston said...

Thank you for sharing that quote from Bl. John XXIII. I needed that today more than I can put into words! :)