Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Translation Tuesday from Ontario

"New Translation Tuesday" greetings from Ontario. The parish mission at Holy Family Parish continued last night, with a focus on the Eucharist.

I was thrilled to be invited to the parish High School's championship hockey game yesterday. Many of you who follow this blog know what an avid hockey fan I am. I had never been to a high school game and was very impressed with the skating abilities of these young men.


Unfortunately, "we" were defeated by Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School.

Here's a short video I took of the action.



Last night, I asked the folks at the mission if they wouldn't mind appearing on my blog and they agreed to my request. Here are some of the folks attending the mission.




I have so enjoyed spending time with this community of faith. This morning I spoke to two groups of juniors and seniors at the high school, focusing on baptism and confirmation. I don't usually speak to teenagers, but I hope it was beneficial for them.

The mission concludes tonight, then I fly to Chicago (hopefully) in the morning. Our offices back home closed at noon today because of the snowstorm; very unusual for our company. Then tomorrow night I fly (hopefully) to Baltimore for the Mid-Atlantic Congress.

Please pray for the safety of all travelers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

catholic traveller said...

That is awesome! My 9yo son plays hockey. It's always exciting when the team is invited to stay for the college game.