Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gotta Drink! Gotta Eat!

Happy Wednesday. And Happy First Day of Spring. 14 degrees here in Chicago. I stood on the train platform this morning in my Chicago neighborhood and the elctronic monitor told me that my "Green Line" train would arrive in six minutes. Very loooong six minutes! No signs of Spring here yet.

These are kind of in-between days for me. I have a great sense of hope welling up in my heart for the Catholic Church, now under the leadership of Pope Francis. At the same time, I am confused and dis-heartened over the state of affairs at my own Catholic parish. I guess I am just going to have to live with this for some time. Catholic life is never easy, is it?

On a much happier note . . . Our offices here at WLP are part of the corporate central offices of the J.S. Paluch Company. Many of Paluch's parish bulletins are printed in our large printing plant, located here as well. So we have lots of employees in this building, ranging from press operators to customer service agents, to members of our accounting department, editors, music engravers, IT professionals, marketers, rights and permissions personnel, and the list goes on. We have a break/lunch room here where many employees spend their break and lunch times. Yesterday and today, several new vending machines have been/are being installed. And there is a certain level of palpable excitment around here as our food and beverage choices have greatly expanded.

You know, sometimes the little things can make a real difference in our day to day lives. So, please help me welcome our new vending machines!

Gotta drink!





Gotta eat!







Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

3 comments:

Mr. C said...

Guess you're fortunate not to have WLP in New York City, what with Hizzoner Bloomberg checking the nutritional content of your vending machines, Jerry!

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

Thank you, Mr. C!
There are many healthy choices for those who wish!
Jerry

Kate S said...

This post made me smile. Often it is the little things that get us through the big things!