Thursday, February 21, 2013

Greetings from Anaheim: Just Getting Started

Greetings from Anaheim, California. Just snapped this picture from my hotel balcony of the snow-capped mountains in the distance.


The WLP staff spent the morning setting up our booth here at the Anaheim Convention Center. I work with some wonderful people; their hard work and dedication to serving the Church makes me so proud to be their colleague and their leader.

After arriving yesterday, I was able to spend some time along the coast. Here is a short video I took at Dana Point, one of my favorite spots in the United States.



We are prepared for the immense Catholic event that is the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, which began today with Youth Day. WLP artists and composers, the Jacob and Matthew Band, helped inspire the thousands and thousands of youth who were in attendance today. Here is just a quick little video taken in the Convention Center Arena.


This evening, members of the WLP and J.S. Paluch staffs and family are hosting a reception to mark the 100th Anniversary of the founding of the J.S. Paluch Company. Should be lots of fun. A very busy time for all of us.

I will try to post as often as I can. Please pray for all the people from around the world gathered here in Anaheim for the next several days. And please pray for the people of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles during these troubled times for their diocese.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Director, STC Music & Worship said...

Hi there: I have a question of weddings and the "new" Missal. So now the Gloria is sung at all weddings per the rubrics. I see no proviso for Lent. Does this mean that weddings are now no longer considered a "weekday" liturgy but now are considered a "feast day"? Of course the no Alleluia rule would apply, right? Why are presiders aware of this change? and Why does it seem this is ignored and the Penitential Act is still being said (in my experience). Thanks, Ron