Monday, November 5, 2012

Ontario Bound

Monday evening greetings.

Well, this first full day of Central Standard Time saw the beginning of the painting of the exterior of WLP's and J.S. Paluch's office building in Franklin Park. So, to add to the absolute dreariness of the day (cold and cloudy) and the fact that it became dark much earlier than usual, our office windows were covered with plastic. Ever have one of those days when you just wanted to curl up under your desk and nap for hours?

Wow, that sounded pretty depressing!



I have a few trips left for 2012 and tomorrow is one of the most important. I am flying to Toronto to lead a day and a half focused on the sacraments of initiation. The aim is to get the folks to understand that preparation for these sacraments is, at the core, initiation ministry, not "sacramental prep." I have worked a lot on these presentations and I am hoping and praying that they are helpful for this provincial gathering in Ontario. My good friend, Father Larry Leger, wrote a bit about this gathering on his blog.

I will do my best to post from Ontario. I need to get to bed early tonight in order to be at the voting booth at 6:00 A.M., then in a cab to O'Hare for my 9:00 flight. Please pray for the safety of all travellers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: